Posted: October 13, 2021
The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated professional, to take up an exciting and challenging Part-time Administration Assistant role at Geraldton PCYC!
Who are we:
Who are we:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities and Police Ranger Units across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
Geraldton PCYC are seeking an Administration Assistant to help manage the administration systems and processes within the centre. Working under the guidance of the Centre Manager this role will aim to support and improve the PCYC Centre operations by ensuring all patrons receive the highest possible level of service. This position requires the successful applicant to demonstrate excellent administration skills and strong customer service skills.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provide administrative support to centre management including; data entry, filing, membership and activity fees, program and activity bookings.
- Inducts new employees, covering internal procedures and requirements in liaison with the HR Team.
- Supports the Centre Manager in staff and volunteer training and development programs to ensure compliance with standards and achievements of performance targets and monitors and reports on performance and development needs of staff.
- Customer service, specifically providing detailed advice and information on the centre’s products and services; responding to patron, customer and supplier queries and problems
- Demonstrates and manages ethical behaviour in accordance with relevant standards, values and policies.
To be successful in this role:
- Experience with Business Administration and Administrative record management
- Experience in retail management including product sales, stock management, customer service and cash handling
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spread sheets and presentation software
- Current Senior First Aid & / or CPR certificate (desirable)
- A current Police Clearance and Working With Children’s Check (or willing to obtain)
- Attractive remuneration package available with access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
How to apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below or visit our website.
For further information please contact the HR team on email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 27 October 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Geraldton, WA
- Admin / Secretarial / Office Support