Posted: July 29, 2021The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to take up the exciting and challenging full-time position for Automotive Trainer at our Rockingham PCYC.
Who We Are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
The primary purpose of this position will be to deliver and assess accredited Certificate I and/or Certificate II in Automotive training courses to identified youth at risk and young people, to support and guide them to achieve their individual goals and objectives. Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Trainer will have responsibility to plan course training sessions, deliver course materials, monitor participants' progression, manage participant attendance and assess participant competency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively supervise staff, contractors and volunteers in accordance with policies and procedures.
- In liason with the Centre manager, contribute to the development of the Institute of Training Strategy ensuring initiatives plans and processes meet organisational requirements
- Provide support in reviewing policies and procedures to support the Institute of Training department
- Designing and expanding training and development courses based on both the organisation's and the individual's needs in liaison with the Centre Manager
- Plan, deliver and assess training courses and activities in line with Institute of Training Strategy and funding directives
- Assist the Institute of Training Manager and Training and Compliance Officer by ensuring that Institute of Training department maintain human, financial and physical resources aligned to PCYC and external requirements
- Working in a team to produce and deliver courses that are satisfactory to all relevant parties within the organisation and centre
- Demonstrates and manages ethical behaviour in accordance with relevant standards, values and policies.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated evidence of VET, Vocational and Industry Currency
- Certificate I and or Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation or equivalent or extensive work-related experience (desirable)
- Experience working with and capacity to build relationships with young people, specifically at-risk youth.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering instructional classes.
- Demonstrated experience in course/program coordination
- Experience in identifying and assessing learning gaps and developing programs to address these gaps.
- Strong communication and self-organisation skills
- Strong computing skills using a range of computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- You have or are willing to obtain a National Police Clearance and Working with Children's Check.
- LR/MR/HR Driver's License (desirable)
- Attractive remuneration package available with access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Be part of changing the lives of WA youths
- Be part of fun and dynamic team
- Be part of positive, supportive and diverse work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible leave arrangement
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below or visit our website.
For further information please contact the HR team on email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 12 August 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Rockingham, WA
- Education, Child Care & Training
- Training and Assesment