Posted: November 06, 2023AUTOMOTIVE TRAINER
FULL-TIME (12 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT)
Are you a qualified mechanic looking for a new role? Do you have your Certificate in Training and Assessment? Are you wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people in WA? If this sounds like you, come join our team as a Trainer on a full-time basis and engage with the young people in the community teaching a Certificate I in Automotive Vocational Preparation!
WA PCYC is one of Western Australia’s leading youth organisations working with the WA Police Force and the Community to empower children and young people to reach their potential. The Institute of Training (IOT) leads this capability across the WA PCYC network.
About the role:
As our new Vocational Automotive Trainer, you will have a passion for educating and empowering at-risk-youth and will work to provide valuable learning opportunities to young individuals who have become disengaged from the schooling system in an engaging classroom setting. By offering the youth the opportunity to complete a Certificate I in Automotive Skills, you'll provide a solid foundation for their ongoing education, pre-employment pathways, or a successful reintegration into school. Furthermore, you'll play a pivotal role in equipping them with essential life skills that encourage personal growth.
Why join our team?:
At PCYC, we recognise that the work you do every day is what makes our organisation so amazing. We want to reward that and be an organisation that you are proud to be a part of. We are here to help you bring your best self to work and take your best self home!
To recognise the work you do we offer:
- Values-driven organisation - be welcomed into a team with a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to be bold, big-hearted and successful
- Competitive remuneration - WA PCYC is committed to supporting the community and that includes you!
- Salary packaging - as a not-for-profit, enjoy access to salary packaging arrangements through Access Pay which means up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free! (meaning more take home income after tax)
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers - this includes leading retailers such as Woolworths, Amazon, Hoyts and more
- Flexible work and leave arrangements - here at WA PCYC, we understand the need for work-life balance and happy to discuss arrangements that would suit the needs of you and the team
- Career development opportunities - we believe in our team and we continue to provide ongoing training and support to help you reach your goals
- 'Onya' rewards - we reward staff with incentives such as a chance to win $200 voucher for receiving an 'Onya' from fellow colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program - free, confidential and independent EAP, including free access to physical, mental and financial online support.
- Free staff parking - come join us at our lively Rockingham Centre!
- Current Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Current Mechanical Trade Qualification(s) ideally AUR30620 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- Current Driver’s License
- Posses or willing to obtain a
- Current Western Australian Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance issued within the 6-month period
- Highly Desirable
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a qualified Trainer & Assessor in any industry.
- Experience working with or teaching disengaged youth.
- Current HTLAID012 First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrate current technical knowledge and competencies in an Industrial, Mechanical or workshop setting, ideally working on light or heavy vehicles.
- Ability to assess individual’s education levels and identify gaps in learning and facilitate and encourage learning using several modes of delivery.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and CV BY clicking "Apply" below.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close: 6 December 2023 unless ideal applicant found prior.
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities, or ages to apply.
- Perth - Metropolitan area
- Contract or Temp
- Education, Child Care & Training
- Training and Assesment