Posted: September 08, 2021
The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to take up the exciting and challenging casual role of Boxing Instructor at Northam PCYC!
Who We Are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
The primary responsibility of the Boxing Instructor is to develop and implement boxing programs to PCYC clients and ensure a professional standard of supervision, training and service is maintained at all times. The Boxing Instructor also supports the centre management in daily service delivery / operational management of the centre, its staff and volunteers, and various activities. The Boxing Instructor regularly reports to centre management on the progress of activities and staff, and promptly discusses any arising issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Assistant Coaches are delivering programs / sessions in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements
- Identify and conduct assessments on potential and existing clients for boxing activities and programs
- Conduct OHS inspections on activity equipment and ensure the cleanliness of the activity area
- Liaise with centre management to identify required administration tasks, and to have correspondence approved
- Develop activity/training programs and prepare associated documentation
- Devise or contribute towards a marketing / promotional plan to improve activity program, retain current participants and attract new participants
Skills and Experience:
- More than two (2) years continuous instructional experience in the area of coaching
- Holds a Certificate II or III in Fitness or equivalent qualification in a relevant practice area
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups through sports and exercise
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Industry Award Rate
- Be part of changing the lives of WA youths
- Be part of positive, supportive and diverse work environment
- Be part of an iconic no-for-profit brand
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
How to Apply:
The Federation of WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 22 September 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Northam, WA
- Sport & Recreation
- Coach / Instructor