Centre Manager, Broome PCYC
Posted: June 23, 2022
The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres is one of WA’s leading youth organisations, working with the WA Police Force and the community for over 80 years to empower children and young people to reach their potential.
With 16 locations across WA, and 50 Blue light™ units in remote and rural areas, we offer recreational activities, diversionary programs and alternative education courses in a safe, fun and friendly environment.
Our youth centres are the heart of PCYC. This is where lives are changed and memories are made. Our Centre Managers are therefore central to PCYC’s success in each location.
Although the mission is simple - to help all children and young people achieve their potential, the Centre Manager role is complex and diverse.
Every day will be different, from building relationships with community stakeholders, to developing new programs and activities, identifying funding opportunities and managing the Centre budget, all whilst running a busy Centre.
But if you ask us - the best part is going home at night knowing you made a real difference to disadvantaged children and young people at risk in the Kimberley.
- Qualifications in management generally, Sport and Recreation management, Education or Youth Services; or demonstration of extensive experience in these fields.
- Operational experience including with managing and leading staff, facilities, contractors/stakeholders.
- Proven experience in the development of business and operational plans.
- Financial acumen (budgeting, monitoring and reporting).
- Excellent oral and written communication, ability to represent PCYC as an ambassador in the Kimberley.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills, ability to work closely with partners, colleagues and community stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain a valid Working with Children card and National Police Clearance.
- $100K negotiable base salary plus superannuation.
- Return flights home, anywhere in Australia.
- Fully maintained vehicle.
- Relocation Allowance.
- Training and Professional development allowance.
- Subsidised Housing through the Government Regional Officer Housing Scheme.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements, as well as discounts and vouchers from leading retailers.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388. Alternatively submit your cover letter and CV by clicking "Apply" below.
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 14 July 2022
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Broome, WA
- Community Services & Development