Child Safety Officer
Posted: September 07, 2021
The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to take up the exciting and challenging part-time (.4FTE /15hrs per week) role of Child Safety Officer at the WA PCYC Head Office in Subiaco, on a 6-month fixed-term contract!
Who We Are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous Blue Light Youth Activities across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
This is a key role in the development and implementation of child safe policies, procedures and practices in the organisation. It will work closely with the Executive Manager, People & Safety to develop and then finalise a Child Safety Continuous Improvement Plan and then implement agreed actions/initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Executive Manager, People & Safety, develop PCYC’s Child Safety Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Implement agreed actions/initiatives of the Child Safety Continuous Improvement Plan
- Assist in the delivery of accountable and collaborative integrated child safety practices that respect the culture and context of each child and young person.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assess risks to child safety within the organisation and develop strategies to minimise this risk.
- Develop, review and audit best practice child safe strategies.
- Develop and deliver workshops and training in Child Safety and related areas, as required.
- Participate and contribute to a culture of continuous learning, training, and professional development, to ensure practice knowledge and skills are contemporary and evidence-based.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant significant work experience or tertiary education in Social Work or other relevant sector.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to establish strong links between key stakeholders as well as the ability to negotiate effectively and work through issues constructively.
- Proven time management skills along with ability to work under pressure.
- Highly developed project management skills and coordinate multiple activities.
- Holds or ability to obtain a WWC card
- Current National Police Clearance
- Attractive remuneration between $70k-$78k per annum (pro-rata) plus superannuation with generous salary packaging arrangements
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
How to Apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position, please click "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 21 September 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Perth - Metropolitan area
- Community Services & Development
- Social Services