Gymnastics Coaches - Join Our Team
Posted: July 16, 2021
PCYC is WA's largest Gymnastics WA Affiliated Club, offering Gymnastics at 10 locations across WA. We are seeking amazing people to join our team! Whether you are a current qualified and accredited coach, or a person passionate about becoming a gymnastics coach, or have a qualification in delivering another sport that with training you could apply your skills and become a gymnastics coach – then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities and Police Ranger Units across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
The primary responsibility of the Gymnastics Coach is to develop and deliver Gymnastics programs to PCYC participants and ensure a professional standard of supervision, training and service is maintained at all times. Gymnastics coaches supports centre management in daily service delivery / operational management of the centre, its staff and volunteers, and various activities.
Check out our locations and let us know which ones work for you!
Whether you are a KinderGym, FreeG, WAG, MAG or All Abilities coach - come and join our fantastic team.
Roles and Responsibilities: (these will vary depending on your coaching level)
- Deliver group programs / sessions in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements
- Delivering lessons or instructions according to plans and programs
- Liaise with Advanced Coaches, providing feedback and discussing concerns
- Monitor delivery of program by assistant coaches
- Identify and conduct assessments on potential and existing clients for sports and recreation activities and programs
- Equipment maintained and used in a safe manner by all users
- Ensure own skills are current and appropriate for activities
- Liaise with Advanced Coach and centre management to identify required administration tasks, and to have correspondence approved
- Assist with collection of activity and membership fees, and reconcile money
- Fill out file accident/ incident reports as needed
- Hold or working towards, or willing to obtain a Gymnastics WA coaching qualification
- Experience in instructing/coaching activity classes.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience with Inclusion
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current or willing to obtain National Police Clearance
- Current or willing to obtain Working with Children Check
- Competitive hourly rates
- Flexible work arrangements
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Be part of positive, supportive and diverse work environment
How to apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking "Apply" below.
For further information please contact Francine Bayet on Francine.email@example.com
Applications Close COB 14 August 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should suitable candidates be found prior.
WA PCYC may commence interviews prior to the closing date should suitable candidates be found prior.
- WA - Regional area
- Sport & Recreation
- Coach / Instructor