Joeys Instructor - Ellenbrook
Posted: January 12, 2022
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to take up the exciting volunteer role of Joey Rangers Leader and Instructor for Midland PCYC, running the program out of Centre in Ellenbrook.
PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities and Police Ranger Units across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
Midland PCYC is looking for a volunteer to assist in leading and running the Joey Rangers program. The Joey Rangers program aims to provide a fun way to learn a little discipline for the participants at the centre. The program involves adventures, activities and training for youth aged 7 - 11 years. Joey Rangers teaches self-confidence, sharing, consideration for others and how to follow instructions. Meetings are held during school terms only on Tuesday afternoons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain and demonstrate activities in a clear and easy-to-understand manner
- Setting up and packing down equipment
- Help ensure lessons are run efficiently
- Ensure rewarding lessons to aid in developing their skills
- Motivate and encourage participants
- Experience in working with and instructing a group of young kids
- Design of new program with assistance from the Centre Manager.
- Suitable experience with Police Rangers, WAPOL and/or ADF (desirable)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Current Senior First Aid or CPR certificate (desirable)
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children’s Check (or willing to obtain)
- Received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 26 January 2022
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Midland, WA
- Volunteer / Charity