Out of School Care Educators/Assistants
Posted: September 10, 2021The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to take up the exciting casual roles of Out of School Care Educators and Assistants at Kensington PCYC.
Who We Are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities and Police Ranger Units across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
Kensington PCYC are seeking qualified and assistant Out of School Care Educators to work on a casual basis at the Out of School Care Centre. The role of this position is to assist and lead in the provision of a high quality Out of School Hours Care Program. This position includes routine review and implementation of quality and relevant programs for school aged children. In this role you will be required to work early morning as well as possible coverage for afternoon shifts or full days during vacation care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively supervising school aged children
- Ensuring all equipment is used in a correct and safe manner
- Preparing food following safe infection control principles
- Assisting set-up/pull-down of equipment for activities
- Participate in the planning and preparation of interesting, educational and fun activities for children and report feedback to supervisor
Skills and Experience:
- Currently holds/working towards a Certificate IV in Out of School Care or equivalent, or has a strong interest in working in after school care.
- Experience in supervising within a childcare environment.
- Current Child Care First Aid Certificate
- Extensive knowledge of childcare industry and legislative requirements.
- Experience supervising recreational activities, ensuring compliance with OHS regulations
- Hold( or willing to obtain ) a current National Police Clearance and Working With Children Check
- Hold ( or willing to obtain) a certificate qualification of handling food for children services
- Industry Award Rate
- Gain experience and skills within the industry
- Be part of changing the lives of WA youths
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
How to Apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 24 September 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
- Kensington, WA
- Education, Child Care & Training