Programs and Activities Manager
Posted: August 30, 2021
The Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (Inc.) (WA PCYC) is looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to take up the exciting and challenging full-time role of Program and Activities Manager at WA PCYC Broome PCYC.
Who We Are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and six metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
The Programs & Activities Manager takes the lead role in the development, delivery and growth of high quality, and successful programs and activities for children and young people at the Broome PCYC Centre.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and delivery of innovative programs and activities to attract, retain and service children and young people.
- Develop and facilitate delivery of ‘fee for service’ recreation programs in accordance with budget requirements.
- Complete OH&S Risk Assessments and OH&S Plan for each program and activity.
- With the Centre Manager, recruit appropriate support staff and volunteers in accordance with delegations and policies.
- Manage program and activity staff (both staff and volunteers) performance in accordance with delegations and policies.
- Assist with local fund-raising events and activities for the Centre.
- Identify opportunities for funding grants for programs and activities, assist with developing submissions, manage reports and complete evaluations.
- Manage and analyse service delivery data and program evaluation results to compile into impact reports.
- Apply and promote the principles of equity, diversity, occupational safety and health in the workplace and behave and manage staff ethically and in accordance with relevant standards, values and policies.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications or relevant experience in Youth Program or Service Delivery Management, Project Management, Sport and Leisure Management of similar.
- Demonstrated budget management experience
- Proven people management skills
- Experience in developing programs and activities for children and young people, as well as partnerships and strategic relationships
- High level written and interpersonal communication skills, including: communicating with people from diverse backgrounds, presentation skills, and capacity to represent the organisation
- Hold or willing to obtain a valid national Police Clearance
- Hold or willing to obtain a Working with Children Check
- Previous experience in a non-profit organisation
- Grant application writing
- Attractive remuneration package available with access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
How to Apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 27 September 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Broome, WA
- Community Services & Development