Senior Youth Worker
Posted: November 13, 2023SENIOR YOUTH WORKER
PART TIME (4 DAYS A WEEK)
Salary – SCHADS 3.1 plus superannuation plus salary packaging
Our youth programs are the heart of PCYC. This is where lives are changed, and memories are made through its partnership with the WA Police, and the mission simple – to help all young people achieve their potential with programs like safeSPACE. safeSPACE is PCYCs early intervention program, aimed at supporting frontline policing priorities and preventing young people from becoming involved in the youth justice system and improving outcomes for those who do. safeSPACE delivers an integrated service offering, both universal and targeted programs to best support young people aged 10-18.
This is where an exciting new opportunity has arisen to lead the safeSPACE program within Gosnells PCYC. The Senior Youth Worker is responsible for leading the development, and delivery of a wide range of innovative and engaging programs and activities in safeSPACE that align with PCYC strategic directions and contractual requirements. Add weekends and afternoons
This role is responsible for:
- developing safe and effective workplace culture and providing leadership and direction to youth services staff and volunteers
- Representing PCYC within the local community, develops stakeholder relationships and,
- The delivery and performance of safeSPACE including governance, risk management, financial management and compliance.
Why join our team:
- Values-driven organisation - be welcomed into a team with a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to be bold, big-hearted and successful
- Competitive remuneration - WA PCYC is committed to supporting the community and that includes you!
- Salary packaging - as a not-for-profit, enjoy access to salary packaging arrangements through Access Pay which means up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free! (meaning more take home income after tax)
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers - this includes leading retailers such as Woolworths, Amazon, Hoyts and more
- Flexible work and leave arrangements - here at WA PCYC, we understand the need for work-life balance and happy to discuss arrangements that would suit the needs of you and the team
- Career development opportunities - we believe in our team and we continue to provide ongoing training and support to help you reach your goals
- 'Onya' rewards - we reward staff with incentives such as a chance to win $200 voucher for receiving an 'Onya' from fellow colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program - free, confidential and independent EAP, including free access to physical, mental and financial online support.
- A tertiary qualification in Youth/Community work (Diploma or above is highly desirable) or related area such as social work, psychology, behavioural science and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, and delivering youth programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people from diverse backgrounds, including their families.
- Previous experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander young people and have a good understanding of the issues facing First Nations people
- Passionate about re-engaging young people through building positive professional relationships and utilising a strengths based, person centred, trauma aware, solutions focussed approach
- Ability to practice to the standards of WA Youth Work Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Possess or willing to obtain National Police Clearance, Working with Children and drivers licence
How to Apply:
If this sounds like your next role then please contact our HR team at email@example.com or (08) 9277 4388. Alternatively submit your cover letter and CV by clicking "Apply" below.
PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply.
PCYC is a child safe organisation. We have a zero tolerance for child abuse and we are committed to providing a child safe environment.
Applications Close COB 13 December 2023.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Gosnells, WA
- Community Services & Development
- Youth Services