Posted: July 15, 2022
Midland PCYC is starting a Volleyball program in 2022 and we are looking for an experienced Coach who has the skills to assist us to start this new and exciting venture!
It is envisaged that the program will run Mondays after school to start and then as our numbers grow we will offer an adult class on Friday mornings.
If you are an experienced and qualified coach who has a proven ability to develop young Volleyball players skills and instil a passion for the sport, this is an excellent opportunity to continue to develop your coaching resume.
PCYC exists so that disadvantaged children and young people at risk across Western Australia have a safe place to go – somewhere they can feel at home, make friends and do things that children should do.
We currently operate in 16 locations across WA, with 47 Blue Light Units in remote and rural areas where there is no PCYC Centre. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
Your Next Role.
The primary responsibility of the Activity Instructor - Volleyball is to assist with the launch of the new Volleyball program. The Activity Instructor - Volleyball will develop and deliver the program to PCYC participants and ensure a professional standard of supervision, training and service is maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Deliver group programs / sessions in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements
- Supervision of children and young people
- Conduct OHS inspections on activity equipment and ensure the cleanliness of the activity area
- Customer service and membership administration duties, as required
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR certificate or able to obtain
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups through sports and exercise
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Current National Police Clearance or willing to obtain
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain
- Be part of changing the lives of WA youths
- Be part of positive, supportive and diverse work environment
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Insurance
- Training in various recreational activities
How to apply.
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below.
For further information please contact the People and Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9367 1282
Applications Close COB 29 July 2022
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Midland, WA
- Sport & Recreation
- Coach / Instructor