Youth Worker, Kununurra PCYC
Posted: October 08, 2021
We have exciting new opportunities for dedicated and experienced Youth Workers to join the team on a Casual basis to assist with the delivery of the Youth programs in Kununurra PCYC.
Who we are:
WA PCYC is an incredible organisation that changes the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people at risk in Western Australia.
We currently operate in 16 locations, with 10 regional and 6 metropolitan centres and numerous, Blue Light Youth Activities and Police Ranger Units across the state. Our organisation is unique through its partnership with the WA Police, and mission simple – to help all children and young people achieve their potential.
Kununurra PCYC has an exciting opportunity available for Youth Workers who are enthusiastic and passionate about youth engagement in challenging environments. This position is designed to provide a safe place for at-risk youth to be and to provide them with help and support to overcome some of the challenges they face in their lives. The primary purpose of this position will be to support at risk youth to be safe and achieve their individual goals and objectives, through engaging with and providing assertive and intensive support to the youth who may have mental health illnesses or issues. This position will require you to display a capacity to engage with and empower at risk youth.
We are looking for a Youth Worker who will:
- Plan and assist with the Kununurra PCYC Safe SPACE Program
- Encourage and facilitate the engagement of participants on our programs and accessing them to other available community services
- Build and establish a rapport with our participants and provide appropriate referral when needed
- Develop and maintain an awareness of youth issues particularly as they relate to employment, education and training health income support, legal issues, youth subcultures and street behaviour
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with and engaging with at risk youth
- Ability to develop and facilitate social, recreation activity programs which proactively ‘engage’ young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid C Class Manual driving license (a LR license would be a definite advantage).
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (a willingness to obtain)
- Hold or willing to obtain Working with Children’s Check and National Police Clearance
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or Community Services and/or extensive work related experience
- Industry Award Rate
- Be part of changing the lives of WA youths
- Be part of positive, supportive and diverse work environment
- Be part of an iconic no-for-profit brand
- Access to exclusive discounts and vouchers from leading retailers
- Flexible working arrangements
How to apply:
WA PCYC promotes a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from diverse community groups, cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disabilities or ages to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
If you are interested in this position please click "Apply" below or visit our website.
For further information please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9277 4388
Applications Close COB 5 November 2021
We are not accepting agency applications at this time.
WA PCYC reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be found prior.
- Kununurra, WA
- Community Services & Development
- Youth Services