Our History

WA PCYC was formed in WA in 1941 as the Police Boys Club, with the aim during the war years to provide guidance and structure to boys to reduce crime within the community, while their fathers were away fighting for our country and mothers toiled in the munitions factories for the cause.

Since those early days, WA PCYC has seen some changes to its name and structure to accommodate the changing needs of young people in the community.

In 2005 the organisation changed its name from Police and Citizens Youth Clubs to Police and Community Youth Centres to better represent the service WA PCYC provides to youth within Western Australia and the wider multi-cultural community, including those that may not necessarily be Australian citizens.